Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have lost an important document recently. Write to your manager regarding this and say
- What is the document?
- How and when did it happen?
- What did you do regarding this matter?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
International sporting events could contribute greatly to peace and stability in the world. Do you agree or disagree? Give your opinion and relevant examples.
- What is your full name?
- Can I see your ID?
- Where are you from?
- Do you work or study?
- What do you do for a living?
- Why did you choose to do it?
- Do you like your job?
Talk about a garden that you have visited recently. Please say
- Where is it located?
- Do you like it? Why?
- What is so special about this garden?
- Do you think having public gardens in urban areas is a good idea?
- Is it necessary to have public gardens in commercial areas?
- What do you think about views of different age groups on public gardens?
- Do you think it is important to teach children about plants and eco systems in general?
- Why do you think so?
- What is the interesting building in your country?
- Where is it located?
- What is it used for?
- Explain why you think it is the most interesting?
I think the interesting building is the Great Wall. It runs across north China like a huge dragon. It was used to enemies. Soldiers used to keep watch on the Great Wall. When the enemy came, fires were lit to warn other soldiers. I think the Great Wall is the most interesting building. Because it is one of the wonders of the world and it was one of the few man-made objects on earth that could be seen by the astronauts who landed on the moon. Also, the Great Wall has become a symbol of both China’s proud history and its present strength.
- Are there some old buildings in your hometown? Where and Describe it?
Wenfeng Tower, built in 1420, is located in the southern of Anyang City.
During the Ming and Qing dynasties, people came to the tower to worship the God of Heaven and pray for a good harvest. Nowadays, it serves as a museum of history. Murals of Wenfeng Tower give visitors a feel for the great artistic achievements of ancient Chinese civilization. In a word, I think the Wenfeng Tower is the most interesting building, and it is the oldest building in my hometown.
- Compare the differences between the constructions in your city with them in 20 years ago? Describe the building styles in detail?
The traditional buildings are made of the red brick and always have curved eaves. Thousands of buildings look the same. But now, various buildings with different colors and styles have been going up in my hometown. In addition, room is equipped with kitchen and bathroom. This is very convenient
- What are people’s attitudes to old building today and that of our later generation? Should we protect them? Why?
People, including our later generation, advocate that government should protect old buildings .Because old buildings represent the great artistic achievements of ancient Chinese civilization.
- What role do you think the old and modern buildings play in the society?
Oh, modern buildings are for us to live and work, while old buildings are for us to visit and research.
- Compare the differences between house and apartment?
In China, there is a big yard beside house, where we can plant some flowers and trees etc. But house is more expensive. Apartment is convenient and cheap but small