Speaking simulator test 1
Describe someone who is important to you. You should say:
- Who is that person
- How long do you know each other
- How did you meet
and say why is that person important to you.
Speaking test #1 transcript
– Good morning, my name is Paul and I’m your speaking examiner today. In this part of the test, I’m going to ask you some questions about yourself. Do you work or are you studying?
– Thank you, now let’s move on to the next question. Tell me, what are you planning to do in the next five years?
– Okay. And could you describe me your family please?
– And how much time do you spend with your family?
– What do you like to do together as a family?
– Thank you. Now let’s move on to the next section. I will give you a card. Read it carefully and prepare a monologue on the given topic. You have about one minute to think about your answer. Then, you’ll have about two minutes to talk about the given topic. You can use a pen and a paper to make some notes. Don’t worry if I stop you.
– Can you start speaking now please?
– Thank you. Let’s consider people’s values in nowadays world. Do you agree that material things are often valued more than people?
– Is this an old tendency? Or have things changed since your parents’ time?
– Do you think that generally people become more materialistic?
– Do you think that we can change the society for better by loving and appreciating other people?
– Thank you! That’s the end of your speaking test.