This speaking test for IELTS is on the topic of possessions.
Time: 4-5 minutes
Now, in this first part of the test I’m going to ask you some questions about yourself.
Lets talk about your hometown.
- What kind of place is your hometown?
- What do young people do for entertainment in your hometown?
- What is the worst thing about living in your hometown? (Why?)
I’d like to move on and ask you some questions about tourism in your country.
- What should a visitor see and do in your country?
- Are there any traditional art or music that you would recommend? (Why?)
- Tell me about the kind of visitor who come to your country.
Let’s move on and talk about being on time for appointments.
- Is being late acceptable in your culture? (Why/why not?)
- Are you ever late for appointments? (Why/why not?)
- What type of excuses do you think are alright for lateness?
- How do you feel when someone is late for an appointment with you?
Time: 3-4 minutes
Now, I’m going to give you a topic and I’d like you to talk about it for 1-2 minutes.
Before you talk you’ll have one minute to think about what you are going to say and you can make notes if you wish. Do you understand?
Ok, here’s some paper and a pencil to make notes, and here is your topic. I’d like you to describe something you own which is very important to you.
Describe something you own which is very important to you.
You should say:
- What you use it for
- How long you have had it
- Where you got it from
And explain why it is so important to you.
Follow up questions:
- Is it valuable in terms of money?
- Would it be easy to replace?
Time: 4-5 minutes
We’ve been talking about something you own which is very important to you, and I’d now like to ask you some questions related to this.
First, lets consider values and the way they change.
- What kinds of possessions give status to people in your country?
- Has it always been the same or were different possessions thought of as valuable in the past?
- Why do you think people need to show their status in society?
Now we’ll discuss the role of advertising.
- Do you think advertising influences what people buy?
- Do advertisements give correct information, or do they encourage people to buy things that they may not need?
- Is advertising really necessary in modern society?
Thank you. That is the end of the speaking test for IELTS.
آیلتس تضمینی ، کلاس خصوصی آیلتس ، آموزش آیلتس آنلاین